Check out this tutorial from our friends at BeCozi Yarn
DIY Hand Knit Round Pillow Tutorial
1) Make a loop by placing working yarn (the yarn you are working from) on top of tail (the end of the yarn). Leave about a foot of tail on the end.
2) Put fingers through the loop & pull working yarn through, creating a loop. Adjust loop until it is about 2 fingers wide. This is your first stitch. & you will try to make all your stitches this way & size.
3) Continue making stitches in this way by putting your fingers through the loop & pulling the working yarn through creating 2" loops. Make the loops as tight & as close to each other as you can
4) Make 12-14 loops to create this first chain. If you lose count you can count how many you have by counting the holes on the bottom on your chain.
5) Turn chain over and pull ends close to form a circle. Put the tail in the middle of the circle (out of the way). You will be working with the loops in the middle.
6) Put right index finger through first middle loop and pull through a loop of the working yarn to create more 2" loop stitiches.
7) Once you create that first loop stitch, continue creating loops around the entire circle always trying to keep the stitches as close together as possible.
8) Once you have created 3 rows of loops. Turn the project on its side to ensure the loops remain close together as you continue to create rows of loops.Flip over when needed.
9) Continue creating loops until you have used up all of your skein of yarn (about 8 rows). Flip to bottom of pillow and pull the tail through each stitch, pulling tight to close the hole as you go.
10) Insert the tail into the last stitch to secure & push tail inside of the pillow. Tie the tail to any stitch inside the pillow to secure. Fill pillow with filling. (add more filling if you like a firm pillow).
11) Similar to the other end, pull the working yarn end through the inside of each loop. Tightening as you go to close the hole. Add a knot to the end of the yarn & push into pillow leaving a small hump.
Enjoy your pillow! Feel free to add additional filling if you like a firmer pillow.
We would love to see your creation! Please post your pillow on social media & tag us @homemadeluxe