We all know that feeling of searching around in our bottomless pit we call a purse, followed by emptying the entirety of the contents on the floor just to find my keys to open the door. Our solution? —this tropical DIY Monstera Leaf Clay Keychain. It’s easy to spot and easy to get your hands on, but of course, it has to look cute too. This eye-catching clay keychain is also sure to bring some island vibes to your day too!
If you make it, make sure to share it with us!
- Air dry clay
- Paint Brush
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- Assorted jump rings
- Two pliers
- Acrylic paint
- Craft knife
- Sand Paper
- FREE DIY Monstera Leaf Keychain Template
Working on top of a cutting board covered with parchment paper, cut a piece of clay (you can also roll this into a ball) then use a rolling pin to flatten it out.
- Print & cut out our FREE DIY Monstera Leaf Keychain Template.
- Using the craft knife, cut out the shape from the clay. At the same time, you want to carve out any additional details and clean up the edges.
- Remove all excess clay from around the leaf.
- Make a hole near the top using a toothpick (or pencil). Make sure to push all the way through the clay.
- Let it dry on a flat surface for 24 hours.
- Once the clay is fully dry use sandpaper to smooth the edges.
- Paint it with acrylic paint.
- Allow the paint to dry.
- Attach the chain and rings --- your keyring is ready for action!