Materials for DIY Marble Clock
- Chalkboard Clock Face
- Clock Hands Kit
- White Paint
- Paint brush
- Card stock
- Paper Plates
- Clock Numbers
DIY Marbled Clock Video Instructions
DIY Marble Clock Instructions
Option 1: DIY Kid’s Routine Clock:
- Write down evening routine with beginning and end times.
- Use chalk to create triangles for these time blocks.
- Use chalk to ‘color’ every other triangle, leaving a space at the bottom to write.
- Write what child(ren) will be doing during each time block at the bottom of each triangle.
- Place clock numbers as needed around clock (Optional: secure numbers with hot glue for permanent hold)
- Add Clock hands and battery per kit instructions.
- Hang and enjoy.
Option 2: DIY Marbled Clock
- Add some white paint on a plate & water on another, use paint brush to slowly add water to paint.
- Dip the tip of your feather in the watered down paint and practice marbling on your cardstock.
- Try different strokes in different directions with different amounts of watered down paint.
- Try quickly tapping a dry or damp sponge edge on your painted lines for different looks
- Using your practiced marbling technique, use your feather to paint some strokes on your chalkboard.
- Use just a few strokes to create a marbled look. If desired use the dry sponge around the edges of your clock.
- Optional all over marbled look: Dampen sponge and gently tap all over clock, adding more lines if needed.
- Optional removable look: Another option is to use chalk to create a removable marbling effect.
- Let dry and add as many or as few numbers to the clock as you would like. Optional: use glue gun to permanently secure numbers. Add Clock hands and battery per kit instructions. Hang and enjoy!