Whether you are hosting or attending a scorchin’ summer party, this DIY clay monstera necklace is sure to turn heads. With just a few basic materials and a set of easy-to-follow steps, the results will leave you feeling both stylish and stress-free! I’m so happy with how these turned out, I made one keep for myself!
If you make it, make sure to share it!
- Air dry clay
- Paint Brush
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- Necklace chain
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Jewelry jump rings with open connectors
- Acrylic paint
- Craft knife
- Sand Paper
- Pen-Touch Paint Pen in Gold
- Monstera Leaf Necklace Template
Get all your supplies together.
- Working on top of a cutting board covered with parchment paper, cut a piece of clay and use a rolling pin to flatten it out.
- Print & cut out our FREE Monstera Leaf Necklace Template.
- Using the craft knife, cut out the shapes from the clay and clean up the edges.
- Remove all excess clay from around the leaves.
- Make a hole near the top using a toothpick (or pencil). Make sure to push all the way through the clay.
- Let it dry on a flat surface for 24 hours.
- Once the clay is fully dry use sandpaper to smooth the edges.
Paint it with acrylic paint.
- Attach the rings to the chain and you are ready to wear it!