Summer is here and what better way to celebrate than with a DIY Watermelon Wreath. This watermelon wreath is not only gorgeous but its super easy. If you can tie a knot you can do this wreath which means its a cool summer project to do with the kids. Hello boredom buster!
As usual you can have all the materials for this craft delivered right to your doorstep with Home Made Luxe Craft Kits! Grab your WATERMELON WREATH CRAFT KIT HERE or head out to the craft store for the materials below and follow these instructions!
Materials for Watermelon Wreath:
- 12" Wreath Form
- Black Felt
- Pink Fabric
- Dark Green Fabric
- Light Green Fabric
- Ruler/Measuring Tape
- Glue Gun
- Glue Stick
DIY Watermelon Wreath Video Tutorial
DIY Watermelon Wreath Tutorial
1. Spread dark green fabric on table. Cut yard in half on the shorter side (36" side). Cut the 2 half yards into half again to create four 45" long strips of fabric.
2. Place two of these long strips on top of each other then place measuring tape or ruler on top of the fabric and cut ends at 1″ intervals.
3. Remove tape measure and cut the fabric into 1″ x about 7″ strips. Repeat with the other 2 pieces of green fabric.
4. Once you have all your dark green strips, tie each strip onto the outer most wire of the wreath form. Just tie a tight knot, and push the pieces together so they fill the frame.
5. Repeat this process with the lighter green color fabric and tie the light green strips into knots along the second outer most wire of the wreath form.
6. Lastly repeat this process for the pink fabric and tie it unto the two inner wires of the wreath form.
7. Once all your rows are complete. Cut the black felt into 1″ strips and roughly cut seed shapes out of the black felt.
8. Use hot glue to glue the seeds to the pink fabric randomly. Do as many or as little seeds as you wish.
Hang your wreath and enjoy!