Materials for DIY Felt Flower Pillow
- Home Made Luxe Felt Flower Pillows Project Kit Or
- 24 Colored Felt Sheets
- 2 Ivory Felt Sheets
- 2 16x16 Pillow Cases
- 2 Pillow forms (Or use your current pillows)
- Felt Flower Template
- Glue Sticks
- Glue Gun
- Pen or Sharpie
Felt Flower Pillow Instructions
- Start by cutting out the petals and circle from the felt flower template.
- Take the large petal template and use a pen or sharpie to trace 4-5 petals on a sheet of colored felt.
- Place 4 colored felt sheets underneath the felt sheet you just traced out. (you may cut out 2 or 3 at a time if your scissors is not sharp enough to cut all 5 at a time)
- Start cutting the large petal shapes out until you have 20 large petals.
- Tip: be sure to cut inside of the line you traced so that the pen or sharpie line is not visible on your finished petal.
- Take one petal and put an inch of glue in a straight line down middle of the bottom half of the petal.
- Fold petal in half and hold in place until glue dries.
- Put another line of glue on top of the fold and fold the other side of the petal on top, again holding in place until it dries.
- Cut out circle templates on ivory sheets.
- Glue pointy ends of petals to the edge of one circle, gluing them one next to each other until an entire row of petals form one big circle.
- Repeat step two and three using the small petal template to make 30 small petals.
- Add glue to back of the pointy end of the a small petal and place in in between each of the large petals forming a second circle in front of the large petals.
- Repeat this process using more small petals to create a third circle.
- Fold ivory felt circle in half.
- Place glue on right side of the half circle and fold over to form a triangle on the right side.
- Place glue on top of triangle and fold left side on top of triangle to form a cone.
- Do this with all ten ivory circles.
- Fluff cones and glue to the center of the flower.
- Turn flower over and add hot glue to the middle circle and stick onto middle of pillow case. (Tip: Use may use a safety pin to attach flower to pillow case and you can detach flower when you wish to wash pillow case or attach another seasonal flower to pillow case.)
- Add a pillow case form from a pillow you already have or a 16x16 pillow form of your choice.
- Repeat all steps to make your second pillow.
Shop this post: Home Made Luxe Felt Flower Pillow Project Kit // 24 Colored Felt Sheets // 2 Ivory Felt Sheets // 2 16x16 Pillow Cases // 2 Pillow forms // Glue Sticks // Glue Gun // Pen or Sharpie // Scissors