Materials for Holiday Deco Mesh Wreath:
- Home Made Luxe Holiday Deco Mesh Wreath
- 10″ Burlap Pencil Wreath form (for the purpose of this tutorial I used a green wreath so you see the instructions better but you would want to purchase a color corresponding to your ribbon so it blends in with the finished wreath.
- 10″ Deco Mesh in Gold
- 10″ Deco Mesh in White/Silver
- 2.5″ Ribbon (2 corresponding colors)
- Ruler or cutting mat
Holiday Deco Mesh Wreath Video Tutorial
Holiday Deco Mesh Wreath Instructions
1. Cut the Burlap Mesh into 10″ lengths so that you have 10 by 10 squares. Make it easy on yourself by laying both deco meshes on top of each other so you can cut them both at the same time.
2. The first technique we will use is the ruffle technique. Make deco mesh ruffles by simply laying the mesh down and scrunch or gather up through the center of the mesh with the finished edges on the sides.
3. Create 2 or 3 of these ruffles in a cluster and secure together in one of the twist on the wreath.
4. It doesn’t matter if you start on the inner ring or outer ring just continue to add 2-3 ruffles to each twist on the wreath until the entire wreath is covered. Try to alternate which color ribbon is on top.
5. Be sure not to twist too tightly on the twists because we will have to open these up later to place more ribbon.
6. Now lets use technique number two to make your spirals. To create your spiral simply follow the natural curl of the deco mesh square and curl tightly, again the finished edges should be on the sides.
7. Be sure to undo your twist and place your spiral, then tie to secure.
8. Use your scissors to clip any frayed edges and strings.
9. Next cut your ribbon into strips about 12" strips works well, but test out lengths until you get your desired look.
10. Cut the ends of your ribbon to get a duck tail. gather two pieces of ribbon at the center and again untie the twists and secure to the wreath. Continue until you have added ribbon to each twist. Fluff and enjoy your wreath.