This Mason Jar String Art craft is a simple yet gorgeous custom art decor piece. It's a beautiful way to add flowers to a room in an unexpected way. All the materials you need to create this project are available in a Home Made Luxe Craft Kit. Click here to grab your kit. But if you want to try this project we've provided a free downloadable mason jar template below. We hope you enjoy making this beautiful string art craft!
DIY MASON JAR STRING ART MATERIALS
- Wood Plaque
- Mason Jar Template
- Walnut Stain
- Paint brush
- picture hanger
- Gold Nails
MASON JAR STRING ART VIDEO TUTORIAL
MASON JAR STRING ART TUTORIAL
1. Nail picture hanger to the back of the plaque. Use sandpaper to smooth any rough wood surfaces on the front and sides of the plaque.
2. Paint the wood plaque with wood stain. Let the first coat dry and apply a second coat. Let dry completely.
3. Tape mason jar template to the wood plaque. Being sure to center template towards the bottom of the plaque to have room for the flowers on top.
4. Hammer gold nails into the template at the numbered dots. Use the string to tie a knot around nail #1. Then start wrapping string around each nail from 1 to 40.
5. Wrap the string around each nail before moving to the next nail. Some of the dots have 2-3 numbers by them because they will be used 2-3 times.
6. When all nails have been stringed, tie a knot around last nail and trim excess string. Remove the mason jar template from the plaque.
7. Cut flower stems and remove leaves, then slide them between nails and under the string. Arrange as desired. You can change your flowers for the seasons!
8. If desired, string the body of the mason jar as well. Simply string from side to side until all nails on the body of the jar are stringed.
Enjoy your creation.