Ahhhh, there is nothing like having a lantern adorn the living spaces of your home. They are so versatile and can be designed for an all year look or be switched up to reflect the current season or holiday. The endless possibilities also make for a project that can be placed anywhere in your home...beach theme lantern in the bathroom, fall theme lantern on the mantle, a lantern with succulents in the foyer.
We wanted to combine our love for lanterns and of course our love for crafting and bring you a lantern project that is reimagined and customizable. The Picture Frame Lantern is exactly what you think...a lantern made out of picture frames. These large, Pinterest worthy lanterns are going to take your home decor to another level.
Keep reading for a complete list of items you need to complete this project. If you want to save time, energy, and money, then get the Home Made Luxe Picture Frame Lantern Craft Kit.=> Click here to grab your complete kit!
PICTURE FRAME LANTERN CRAFT INSTRUCTIONS
(4) 8x10 Frames
(1) 10x10 Frame
Needle Nose Pliers
Paper Mache Box
Knife or Exacto Blade
PICTURE FRAME LANTERN CRAFT KIT
1. Paint box white & once dry, decide on your flower placement. Use knife or exacto blade to cut small slits where the flowers will go.
2. Remove flowers from bunches and push stem into slits in box. Tip: if glass of any frame arrives broken use that frame as opening to lantern.
3. Take the backing off of each 8x10 frame, and carefully remove glass. Once glass is removed, use pliers to remove small metal tabs from frames.
4. Add small dabs of hot glue in the corners of the frame and place glass on top to glue in place. Place small amounts of glue along sides of frame to secure. Repeat with all 4 8x10 frames.
5. Glue each side together to create a cube with the four frames. Be sure the front of each frame is facing the outside before gluing.
6. Remove backing & glass from 10x10 frame. Carefully remove half of the frame by pulling it apart. Remove metal parts with pliers.
7. Glue one half diagonally to top of lantern, pull apart other half and glue the remaining pieces to the other two sides so they meet at the top.
8. Place flower box inside of your lantern and enjoy. Change your decor for the seasons like ornaments for the holidays or pumpkins in the fall.